Saturday, December 23, 2006

Announcing a new perspective


Well, my friend is here to make an announcement.
After five and a half years in residence, I have started the process of getting my Mexican papers. I think I will feel like I truly belong after I have those.
Of course, I should improve my Spanish enough so I don’t sound so ignorant all the time, but I’m working on it.
I always use the excuse, to anyone who appears to need one, that I am so busy working on English lessons that I don’t have the time to practice, but that is an excuse. When I’m not checking students’ work and preparing lessons, I try to get some writing done. And I’m always checking other people’s blogs and
Arts & Letters Daily for news and items of interest, so I am rather busy.
Have recently been reading far too much about “information overload.” That’s my problem. I’m addicted to the acquisition of information.
Anyway, I’m going to try approaching my own projects from a new perspective in 2007. I’m going to be an American-Mexican.



No comments:

Post a Comment