Friday, July 6, 2007

Reading is an Essential Skill

There is an excellent online magazine en español called eLe which has recently started up. It promotes reading as a pleasurable pastime. It presents all topics in bite-size chunks and in an attractive format. Says one of its promoters, "eLe es un espacio que contiene fragmentos de libros, comentarios, recomendaciones, concursos, humor, textos de autor y algunos contenidos experimentales, todo ello elegido con ganas de divertirse y demostrar que leer es un placer." Check it out.
Another great site (blog) that I frequently enjoy reading is Scott Esposito's Conversational Reading. This one is in English, but there is much commentary on books in translation of diverse provenance.
I guess I spend so much time reading that I don't get around to doing as much writing as I'd like, but reading is research, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment